EPIC® SENSORS temperature sensors are also manufactured for different kind of potentially explosive areas and zones.
EPIC® SENSORS has customized temperature measurement sensors for explosion-endangered areas for over a decade. A danger of explosion can arise from the presence of flammable liquids, gases or dusts. We have taken responsibility for temperature measurement related to many types of equipment used in Ex areas, including, for example:
- trace heating control
- electrical equipment and components
- pumps and pump/motor combinations.
Solutions can be executed according to application’s requirements, with protection types:
- flameproof enclosure – Ex d – ATEX- / IECEx-certified
- increased safety – Ex e – ATEX- / IECEx-certified
- dust protection by housing – Ex t – ATEX- / IECEx-certified
- intrinsic safety – Ex i – authorized body investigated, EAC-Ex-certified.
Protection types and their approval information are presented on individual product pages:
|Ex d / Ex t
|Ex e / Ex t
Applying protection types and connecting sensors to measuring circuits are presented in Ex sensor selection quide (pdf).